Doctors Business Management Show
In this episode, Mike DeVries & his guest, Bryant Truitt, discuss Embezzlement and Fraud in the Doctors Office .
Questions that are answered and discussed during the show:
- What is the biggest threat to the doctor when it comes to embezzlement and fraud in their office?
- What is the profile of an embezzler?
- What are the reasons people steal from the practice?
- What are the warning signs that the doctor should be looking for?
- What are the types of fraud that occurs in the practice?
- What controls should be in place to help combat this from happening?
- What are some of the do’s and don’ts that doctors should be aware of when they discover fraud?
Bryant Truitt, MBA, CCS, CFE
- CEO Bryant Truitt leads the Brytan & Associates professional team of IT, HR, coding, legal, & investigative experts who work with owners of Private Pay, Medicaid, & Medicare dental & medical practices in the US and Canada. They assist those concerned about possible profitability problems due to fraud, embezzlement, waste & abuse. Those wanting to sell their practice will also benefit from this due diligence. Results in a clearer understanding of the current financial health of these businesses & concrete improvement steps that are in compliance with relevant regulations & requirements. Results: $8.90 Million to date.If you have questions for Bryant and would like to connect with him, you can do so here on LinkedIn
What is a Podcast and How to Subscribe for FREE
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show that enables you to learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to the show.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Business Management Show” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free). My show is not currently listed on Stitcher Radio. You can use the RSS feed and follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is http://feeds.feedburner.com/mikeldevries/xyjA
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see a listing of all shows here.
Mike DeVries is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™, Enrolled Agent, and a Certified Healthcare Business Consultant focusing on helping healthcare professionals. If you would like to learn more about becoming a client, contact Mike at www.vmde.com.