Doctors Business Management Show
I started using Social Media when my oldest children were teenagers – let’s just say, more than a few years ago. I wanted to know what they were doing on-line and I figured that having a Facebook account with them was a good way to learn how to use Social Media. At the time I started using this technology, it wasn’t the rage. In fact, many thought it was just for kids. I remember saying to my partners at VMDE that our clients in the future would be communicating with us this way. Doctors entering practice today are more adept at using technology and communicating through various modes of Social Media. I suspect that this trend will continue to grow. As a result our delivery of services continues to be impacted by the associated use of technology.
I still consider myself a “dabbler” when it comes to Social Media and I often wonder if using Social Media is really making a difference in my business. If you are using Social Media in your business, or giving it consideration, you probably ask yourself the same question. Do your customers, clients, patients, really receive any value from the content you create? How much time should I be spending on updating my Twitter account (@MDManagement), my LinkedIn account, or our VMDE Facebook account. After meeting Deborah Richmond from TekkBuzz at a local CPA educational conference, I learned:
- One, I’m probably selling myself short on my use of Social Media
- Two, Social Media is growing in its impact on business marketing efforts
- Three, like other traditional marketing efforts, the use of Social Media should start with a plan and that plan doesn’t need to be all-consuming of my time
- And, because of what I have learned over the years, I have the opportunity to educate and assist my clients and audience with the use of Social Media
It is for these reasons that I reached out to Deborah Richmond to join us for a Podcast session on the use of Social Media. There is no reason to stay puzzled over the use of these business marketing and communication tools. Deborah was a great guest on our show; offering up useful, practical advice and tips as we had a discussion around the topic of Social Media. My voice on this show was leaving me on account of the onset of a bad Michigan bug; however, don’t fear – you can’t catch my cold by listening to this podcast. Instead, you just might warm up to taking your use of Social Media and your business to the next level. Tune in to what Deborah has to say here…it’s just what the Doctor ordered.
Is your Business Social? Social Media isn’t just for kids anymore. Any business can benefit from building relationships with their customer base. – Mike DeVries
Here are some options for listening to this podcast:
- Click on the Play Button above and listen now
- Click on the “Play in New Window” link above so that you can listen and continue to use your current web browser
- Click on the “Download” link above to download and store the mp3 file enabling you to listen to the content later
- Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes so that future shows are automatically ready for you when they are published – Click Here to Subscribe
About our Guest
In this episode, Mike DeVries and co-host, Ben Lane, visit with Deborah Richmond from TekkBuzz (www.tekkbuzz.com). Deborah is one of the most in-demand online marketers in West Michigan due to one simple truth, she delivers value. Deborah provides strategic advice and hands-on training to companies looking to enter the new marketing world.
Physicians, Dentists, or any business owner looking to grow their business will benefit from knowing how to work with Social Media.
Join the Conversation
In what ways are you using Social Media in your business? What is it that puzzles you about using Social Media? We invite you to become a part of the conversation – enter your comments and questions below.